How to make your soul happy
We all live in a very busy world and try to relax and feel good by doing different things whenever we get time. But hardly any of those ways improve our health or please us. Here are some ways that will help you cheer up and bring joy to your soul.
1. Make yourself a chilly lemonade, grab a book, sit on the swings or just the grass in your backyard and enjoy the breezy wind and sunshine all together.
2. Where’s that curve on your lips? Smile all the time. If you don’t feel like then make yourself smile. When you smile you look pretty and your face glows.
3. Pick up the phone and dial a friend’s number, someone you haven’t spoken to in a while. Someone you know who will make you feel good or who’ll make you giggle and laugh.
4. Become generous by doing good for others. Do something good for someone once a day (at least). The satisfaction you avail from this is priceless. You feel as if you’ve changed. You can help a senior citizen cross the road, help your new neighbours with their furniture, pay for a someone’s ticket who’s behind you or donate your clothes. There’s so much good to do.
5. Plant flowers. Don’t have a yard or a garden? Go over to your neighbour’s or friend’s place and start gardening there. Or you can even buy some small pots, plant in them and place them on your window sill.
6. Head out of your house and take a long, slow walk. Take a route you’ve never taken before. Just make sure you don’t get lost.
7. Go to a park, hit the bench and absorb the things around you; the wind, the noise, the chirping, the chattering, feel it all. You can also plan a picnic and enjoy it.
8. Tell a loved one you love them with a tight hug.
9. Don’t listen to music; sing instead. Singing helps you wander and you’re forget all your worries. Don’t think you have a bad voice, just sing.
10. Say “thank you” to everyone that helps you even if it’s a cashier, janitor, your teacher, your husband or even your kid. Thanking them means your grateful.
11. let go of negativity and search for positivity. Don’t let pessimism bring you down.
12. Write a letter to someone you love. No, not an e-mail and don’t even think about texting. A simple letter. It’s double the pleasure when your letter will brighten up their day.
13. Stay away from the television, computer, iPad, iMac, and put your iPhone and Blackberry away for a while.
14. Find your inner creativity. Do some arts and crafts, cook or clean your house (my favourite).